In China, it is believed that the dragon scare away evil spirits and brings good luck and wealth. Make your dragon for a kick start to a happy spring!
1. Print and colour the dragon head and tale. Use as many different colours as you like.
2. Cut the head and the tale – try to follow their profile as closely as possible.
3. Now make the dragon body. Cut the colour paper the same height as the tale. Start folding it with a concertina fold.
4. Glue the ends of the concertina to the head and tale of the dragon, adjusting the height of the concertina to suit the head contour.
5. Glue the straws or ice lolly sticks to the end of the concertina.
Sign up to receive FREE funsheets, resources and tips every Friday!