One powerful way to feel more focused is to pay attention to your senses. When you tune into your senses, you shift your focus away from your day to day preoccupations. By paying attention to your sensory experience, you are training your mind to stay present in the moment and to improve your concentration.
Blind food tasting is a great game for concentrating the senses. The aim is to focus on the food and let your imagination go from there!
This is a great game for the whole family and can be played competitively or just for fun.
First, experience the food with your eyes closed. . .
1. Lift-up the food to your nose and smell it without touching and respond to the following questions:
2. Place a piece of food in your palm.
3. Touch the food with fingers and feel its texture.
4. Put the food on your tongue – without biting it, just yet!
5. Bite into the food.
6. Swallow the food.
Now, reflect on the experience of the food. . .
7. Don’t try to guess the food – you should leave that till last! Instead try to build an imaginary world to accompany your experience.
Let us know your experience! Share your photos, comments or feedback with us on our Facebook page.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive useful and inspiring tips that unlock your child’s creativity and resilience. You will also be the first to hear about our latest courses and events.
Don’t miss your creative dose!
Write us an email
Or simply fill up the form below
Sign up to receive FREE funsheets, resources and tips every Friday!